NBLUG: Gaming under Linux, w/ Loki Entertainment

Dustin Mollo dustin at sonic.net
Thu Jul 1 15:52:28 PDT 1999

It's summer time, finally, and what does that mean??  GAMES!!!  OK, well,
maybe not everyone equates computer games with Summer, but hey - I was
hurting for a way to start off this month's announcement.

This month we are very pleased and honored to have Loki Entertainment
Software.  They are based in Orange County California, and their goal is to
bring gaming to Linux.  They do this by contracting with game developers to
port their game to the Linux platform.  Their first effort is "Civilization:
Call to Power", and they are currently working on Myth II and a few others.
Their web site can be found at http://www.lokigames.com/

Loki's president, Scott Draeker, will be stopping by to present the games,
and to talk about bringing Linux to the desktop.  He will also be able to
answer technical questions you may have.

This meeting should prove to be fun and educational for all.  Bring your
friends, as this meeting should appeal to the non-nerd types as well.

As usual, we will be meeting on the second Tuesday of July, which happens to
be the 13th, at the normal meeting time of 7:30PM at O'Reilly's offices in
Sebastopol.  Please remember to arrive early, because tickets for the door
prizes will not be handed out after the meeting starts.

Also, look for the first NBLUG Newsletter in your email box this coming
weekend!  I've got a bunch of news items to announce, and figured it was
finally time to put together a little newsletter of sorts.

Hope to see you on the 13th!

-Dustin

--
Founder & President