[NBLUG] General Meeting Announcement

Dustin Mollo dustin at sonic.net
Sun Dec 3 12:42:02 PST 2000

WHAT: NBLUG General Meeting
WHERE: O'Reilly (see NBLUG website for specifics)
WHEN: December 12th, 2000 @ 7:30PM

----

Greetings everyone!  It's that time again.  Our General Meeting is almost
here.  This month we're going to be showing you how to setup multiple
monitors on your Linux box.  This is great for those that have two 17"
monitors lying around, but don't have the dough to spring for that
super-sexy 21" Sony.  You can place your two 17's next to each other and get
something very usable.  Brad, Eric and myself will be singing and dancing
our way to Xinerama, so be sure to show up early!!

For those who couldn't make it last month, we had a great presentation from
Steve Giles of OpenNMS.org.  He gave a really great talk about the OpenNMS
project.  Basically, OpenNMS, in it's current state, allows you to monitor
your network and display alarms when something breaks or does something
outside of your desired parameters.  I'd encourage all of you to take a look
at their web site.  Steve mentioned he'd be willing to come back if we had
enough people show an interest in hearing him speak again, so drop me a line
if you'd like that and we'll see what we can do to setup another visit by
Steve.

Don't forget to show up slightly before the meeting starts at 7:30, as we
stop handing out tickets for the door prizes once the meeting gets underway.
Also, keep an eye out for an announcement for our next InstallFest which we
are currently planning on having in February.

See you all in a little over a week!

-Dustin

--
Founder & President