[NBLUG] InstallFest Announcement

Dustin Mollo dustin at sonic.net
Sun Nov 5 16:15:37 PST 2000

Hello everyone!  Long time no talk, eh?  OK, well not so long, since you
prolly just got done reading the general meeting announcement.

Here's the skinny on this InstallFest:
WHEN: Saturday, November 11th, 2000 - 10AM - 4PM PST
WHERE: O'Reilly & Associates in Sebastopol (directions on our site)
WHO: Anyone wanting help in installing Linux onto their computer
WHAT DO I DO: Go to http://www.nblug.org/installfest/ to signup!!!!

We've got ourselves a busy month coming up.  November is going to have both
a kick-butt general meeting (to be announced in the next 24 hours) AND an
InstallFest.  This announcement will discuss our upcoming InstallFest.

I can't speak for others in the leadership group, but personally, I've
gotten several request over the past 6 to 8 weeks asking about when we
might be having our next InstallFest.  Well, the time has finally come.  The
InstallFest in November will be on the Saturday BEFORE our general meeting.
We did this since the following weekend a lot of people are out for
Thanksgiving and whatnot.

Instead of putting all of the usual "what is an InstallFest" info in
this and future announcements, I'm going to be putting a link up on our
website as to what a NBLUG InstallFest entails and how to participate.  If
you point your browser of choice to http://www.nblug.org/installfest/,
you'll be presented with all the info you ever wanted to know about what
goes on at an InstallFest, and how you can get the most out of attending
one.

We will again be taking signups for this InstallFest, so please be sure to
visit that URL if you plan on attending.  People who signup and reserve a
time slot, are first in line.  We've found that by taking signups, we can
help more people in a timely fashion.  We can also make sure that enough
helpers are available for those wanting help.

For those waiting for the specifics, here they are.  We hope to see you on
Saturday!  Until next time, take care!

-Dustin

--
Founder & President