[NBLUG] Linux 2.4.0 is OUT!!!

Dustin Mollo dustin at sonic.net
Thu Jan 4 17:41:55 PST 2001

Thought you'd all like to know that 2.4 has finally hit the streets!!  Wow,
it's big!  24.4M is the .gz file and the .bz2 is 19.8M.

Here's Linus' announcement:
http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2001-01-05-001-04-NW-LF-KN

Here's where you can grab a local copy if you'd like:
http://www.nblug.org/files/kernel/v2.4/

Keep your eyes peeled for an announcement about the February InstallFest and
for info about our February meeting.  Oh, and yes, we are having a meeting
in January, but it's going to be one of those
we-were-all-away-parting-for-the-holidays-and-didn't-do-NBLUG-stuff
meetings.  Most likely we'll just talk about nerdy stuff (including the
rlease of Linux 2.4.0 and why it's important to your grandmother and aunt
Ethal) and I'll see about bringing cookies or something.

-Dustin

--
Founder & President
The North Bay Linux Users' Group