[NBLUG/Announce] Reminder: REVOLUTION OS tomorrow afternoon!

Eric Eisenhart ee at eric.eisenhart.name
Fri Mar 14 09:00:03 PST 2003

WHAT: NBLUG Special Event
TOPIC: REVOLUTION OS Screening
WHERE: Sonoma State Campus Schulz Info Center, Room 2015
WHEN: Saturday, March 15th, 2003 @ 2:00PM

This is a Special Event in an unusual location.  This is the same building
as our InstallFests, but in a room on the second floor.  Sorry, but no food
allowed.

The movie runs for about an hour and a half, and we plan to start it right
at 2:00PM, so plan to show up around 1:40PM.

We'll be showing this on a large projection television; we were hoping to
show the special edition DVD, but it's not shipping until a week after our
screening.

    REVOLUTION OS tells the inside story of the hackers who rebelled against
    the proprietary software model and Microsoft to create GNU/Linux and the
    Open Source movement.

    On June 1, 2001, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer said "Linux is a cancer
    that attaches itself in an intellectual property sense to everything it
    touches."

    Microsoft fears GNU/Linux, and rightly so.  GNU/Linux and the Open
    Source & Free Software movements arguably represent the greatest threat
    to Microsoft's way of life.  Shot in cinemascope on 35mm film in Silicon
    Valley, REVOLUTION OS tracks down the key movers and shakers behind
    Linux, and finds out how and why Linux became such a potent threat.

    REVOLUTION OS features interviews with Linus Torvalds, Richard Stallman,
    Bruce Perens, Eric Raymond, Brian Behlendorf, Michael Tiemann, Larry
    Augustin, Frank Hecker, and Rob Malda.  To view the trailer or the first
    eight minutes go to the ifilm website for REVOLUTION OS.

    http://www.revolution-os.com/