[NBLUG/Announce] General Meeting (2006/12/12): RFID

Kyle Rankin kyle at nblug.org
Mon Dec 11 15:57:19 PST 2006

Start: 2006/12/12 - 7:30pm
End: 2006/12/12 - 9:00pm
Location:
O'Reilly, Sebastopol, CA
http://nblug.org/genloc
Speaker: Lori Ayre

    RFID: What it is and who's using it for what.

    Radio Requency Identification tags are used by Walmart and the
    Department of Defense to track supplies. RFID tags are also used by
    hospitals, prisons and schools to track people. Libraries use them to
    track books and soon, they'll be in passports and maybe even on our
    drivers licenses. Come learn how the technology works and who's got big
    plans for RFID in our big brother future.

We are always looking for speakers, so if you or anyone you know
would like to give a presentation to a group of friendly nerds please
send an email to speakers at nblug.org .

--
Kyle Rankin
NBLUG President