[NBLUG/Announce] BALUG Meeting: ACCRC+Linux: Keeping CPUs From Landfills (Next Tuesday, Nov. 20th)

Andrew Fife afife at untangle.com
Tue Nov 13 13:43:46 PST 2007

The Bay Area Linux Users Group (BALUG) will be hosting a great talk by
James Burgett of the Alameda County Computer Resource Center (ACCRC):

  6:30pm - Next Tuesday
  November 20th, 2007

  Four Seas Restaurant
  731 Grant Ave.
  San Francisco, CA 94108
  Parking:  http://www.portsmouthsquaregarage.com/

  RSVP at balug.org - Not required, but much appreciated!

James Burgett's talk is loosely titled:

  "Free Software, The Environment, Social Welfare, and the Digital Divide"

About the Alameda County Computer Resource Center:

  The Alameda County Computer Resource Center (ACCRC) is an electronics
  recycling & redistribution center.  The ACCRC recycles unwanted
  electronics and computer equipment from the public with little or no
  recycling fees.  The computer hardware is then refurbished, installed
with
  GNU/Linux and distributed to schools, non-profit organizations and
  economically and/or physically disadvantaged individuals.

Cost:

  The meeting is free, but dinner is $13

About BALUG:

  BALUG is lively gathering of Linux users & free software enthusiasts
that
  combines great food, community & intimate access to featured speakers.
We
  meet in the bar of the Four Seas Restaurant from 6:30pm.  At 7pm, we
share
  a family-style Chinese dinner, which is followed by our guest speaker.

Andrew Fife
Untangle - Open Source Security Gateway
download.untangle.com

650.425.3327 (O)