[NBLUG/Announce] March 8th NBLUG meeting: Dreaming in git

Allan Cecil allan at nblug.org
Tue Feb 23 16:15:06 PST 2016

When: March 8th, 2015 7:30 pm
Speaker: Marcel M. Cary
Location: O'Reilly Media at 1005 Gravenstein Hwy N, Sebastopol, CA in
the Tarsier conference room past the metal statue and to the right
(http://nblug.org/locations)

Title: Dreaming in git

In this presentation, we’ll get to know Git intimately enough to anticipate its every move. We’ll develop a visual mental model for a Git repository. Then we’ll explore how every-day Git commands manipulate that model. Along the way, we’ll find ways to peek into Git’s inner world to confirm our understanding. This is not an introduction to Git; it targets a developer who can commit, branch, and merge with Git. Although I’ll show example commands and output, consider bringing a laptop with Git installed so you can type along.