[NBLUG/Announce] Dec. 13th: Shareable Remote Linux Engineering Environments

Allan Cecil allan at nblug.org
Thu Dec 8 11:49:21 PST 2016

Topic: Shareable Remote Linux Engineering Environments
When: Tuesday December 13th, 7:30 PM to 9:00 PM
Speaker: Allan Cecil

Location:  O'Reilly Media, Sebastopol CA in the Tarsier conference room
past the metal statue and to the right ( http://nblug.org/locations )

Description: Working on an engineering project with more than one person is hard enough when everyone is in the same room. It's more difficult when you have a team spread around the world and even more interesting if you're working on a shared physical device. In this talk, I'll discuss a remote engineering environment I created that allows contributors to connect to a standard Linux user account with a shared terminal (tmux), shared desktop (x2go with desktop sharing enabled), power and data control for a device under test (serial over USB), and even streaming video for viewing camera feeds (RTMP streaming from OBS Studio and viewed in VLC). This wide-ranging talk is appropriate for all levels of experience and will primarily be a series of live, remote demos.