Jensen (was: New topic: Install Fest and Y2K)

Harald Haak hhaak at et-inf.fho-emden.de
Thu Dec 30 05:32:02 PST 1999

On Wed, Dec 29, 1999 at 09:55:00PM -0800, mitch utsey wrote:
> Hey, this reminds me. A friend has given me a DEC Alpha system (jensen)
> and I wnat to load Redhat on to it. Anyone have any experience with
> this? I understand it can be an adventure to get it to run on an early
> Jensen chip...

Hi Mitch,

this can realy be an adventure. I'd gone throu it 2 years ago.
Just a few days ago I discarded the links from my bookmarks, but
I found them in a backup:

DECpc Alpha XP 150 - Jensen
http://www.azstarnet.com/~axplinux

Sorted Bookmarks
http://www.comnets.rwth-aachen.de/~ost/bookmarks-alpha.html

Some FTP-sites where to get related programs:
ftp://ftp.unix-ag.uni-siegen.de/pub/os/linux/alpha/
ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/ncpfs/

I hope that the sites still exist...

Good luck

Harald