Hardware reccomendations

Thomas A. Rice tar at sonic.net
Tue Nov 2 20:21:36 PST 1999

>> On Tue, Nov 02, 1999 at 01:36:47PM -0800, Joseph McCarty wrote:
>> I'd really appreciate some feedback on internal 56K modems
>> and NICs that
>> folks have found to work well under both Linux and Win 95/98.

Depending upon what type of system and what else it runs, the Kingston
KNE line and (some of) the Linksys NICs are good as well.
Both vendors are providing linux info on their WWW pages, and
also provide a wide variety of drivers for everything from M$ to Novell
to Vines to winsock/packet. I like supporting vendors that understand that
there are MANY operating systems, etc. out there.

						    Tom Rice
						    tar at sonic.net
						    thomas_rice at agilent.com
						    http://www.sonic.net/~tar