SCSI HD at HSC

E Frank Ball III frankb at efball.com
Thu Apr 13 17:09:23 PDT 2000

} >On Thu, Apr 13, 2000 at 03:37:25PM -0100, Cal Herrmann wrote:
} > > In case anyone is interested, I asked HSC Computers in Rohnert Park
} > > if they had any SCSI hard discs (they have many bargains, but mostly
} > > PC); they have a double-height 2g for $30. They thought it was a
} > > Seagate, but it identifies itself as a HP-C3010, seems very sturdy.

I'd seen that drive in the display case at HSC.  The price kept
dropping as it became more and more obsolete.

} Thanks, good idea. I don't think it is used, label indicates it was
} made for a German company, I think it is a leftover. Does run warm.

A couple weeks ago I threw away about a dozen HP drives this size.  They
were too noisy if nothing else.  They draw several amps each, I think
for home use it would pay back on your PG&E bill to buy a modern drive.

   E Frank Ball                frankb at efball.com