Looking for advice

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Feb 17 14:19:45 PST 2000

Quoting Greg Dickerson (greg at gtworld.net):

> Does anyone know of any software I can run on RedHat 6.x that will give me
> a "PC Anywhere" interface to a windows NT server?

My S.O. tried to solve that problem at her place of work, and found
no solution on Linux.  Her eventual compromise was to buy an iBook,
and run the MacOS PC Anywhere client -- which at least allowed her
to avoid running a Microsoft OS.

Of course, if the server's owner will permit you, you can install
a VNC server package, and administer the box via the Linux VNC client.
If that's compatible with what you mean by "a PC Anywhere interface",
then that's your answer.

My S.O.'s firm was unwilling to load that software on its servers;
thus, her different solution.

--
Cheers,                Linux:  It is now safe to turn on your computer.
Rick Moen