About the 2 macs and 1 linux on a LAN

Colin Marquardt colin at marquardt-home.de
Tue Jul 18 21:56:22 PDT 2000

* John F Kohler <jkohler2 at earthlink.net> writes:

>> > Bring up interface eth0 insmod:/lib/modules/2.2.14-5/net/tulip.o: insmodeth0 failed.
>> -------------------------------------------------------------------------^^
>>
>> If this is directly copied from the screen, you may be missing a
>> space after insmod in the file that loads the module.

> Should I try to install it again?  Will it go on top of the one that is already there?

Hmmm, no, since...

> I can see a "tulip"  when I enter "lsmod"

... that looks okay, although the error message above would suggest
otherwise.

In any case, I think we would all save a lot of time if someone would
just come over to you for half an hour to fix the problem.  I would
offer myself, but I have almost no experience in networking, and then
I do not even know RedHat... (anyway, in case nobody else wants to:
where do you live?)

In general, fixing problems in public is helpful for others too, but
it seems we are at a stage where the problem is just too specific to
be interesting for the crowd.

Cheers,
  Colin

[BTW, it would help conversation if you would write *under* the
quoted text, and snipped the text you don't explicitly reply to.
(Might be that it is typically german of me to request this :-)]