About the 2 macs and 1 linux on a LAN

John F. Kohler jkohler2 at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 18 06:37:54 PDT 2000

Frank,
Thanks for the information.  I think I'll have to try and take it in little pieces, one
piece at a time.

My thought is to try to create a simple file, store it, retreive it, and edit it just to prove
I am up to the task.

Then, I think I'll try to find the file that controls the eth0 status in the boot sequence to
avoid that awful message:

Bring up interface eth0 insmod:/lib/modules/2.2.14-5/net/tulip.o: insmodeth0 failed.

Delaying eth0 initialization           [failed]

This, apparently, does not mean that I have no connection to tulip or eth0 but just
that it cannot be established during the boot sequence.

I think I must manually install it _after_ the boot sequence has ended.

John