Linux Ready for Prime Time?

Devin Carraway aqua at atlantic.devin.com
Wed Jun 21 09:21:15 PDT 2000

On Wed, Jun 21, 2000 at 09:05:46AM -0700, Andru Luvisi wrote:
> I'd say Linux is in the same league as Windows, but *none* of them are
> ready for the masses unless they buy a system with the OS preinstalled.

	In that vein, it might be worth mentioning to said reporter that Linux
can now be had preinstalled from many of the major OEMs, and there are quite a
few companies springing up that specialize in Linux workstations.  Most of the
preinstallations are on servers, but it's easy enough to find workstations if
one picks up a copy of Linxu Journal or something.

	(speaking of which, LJ got a surprising number of flames for last
month's Monty Python parody in which they ran a cover of a nude man at a
workstation in a field of flowers)

--
Devin  \ aqua(at)devin.com, 1024D/E9ABFCD2;  http://www.devin.com
Carraway \ IRC: Requiem  GCS/CC/L s-:--- !a !tv C++++$ ULB+++$ O+@ P L+++