problems connecting to the net.

lynn sears lynn at itsquick.com
Mon Nov 13 10:53:13 PST 2000

Hello, I'm experiencing problems with three linux machines--the same problem.
I can't seem to enable networking. 2 machines are connected to the net through
a dsl router and I have entered all the configuration info using
linuxconf.  when i
activate the changes and preview what has to be done I get the message
executing /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S10network reload.  So I  ./S10network start and
things
seem to be fine, eth0 comes up OK but still no connection.  I think I'm
using the
correct NIC modules ie tulip for a linksys card and de4x5 for a Farallon card.
Maybe the bios needs to be changed or ???? Both of these machines are emachines
dual boot runnning 6.1 red hat.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance...Lynn