Distro for AMD

Kevin Jamieson derf at sonic.net
Wed Aug 1 14:56:55 PDT 2001

On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 02:55:42PM -0700, Loraditch, Greg wrote:
> Howdy -
>
> Can anyone recommend a good distro for either an AMD K6-2 450MHz (or faster)
> or an Athalon 1 GHz?  See specs below.
>
> The less buggy, the better....
>
> Thanks!
> Greg L.

I dunno if there are a lot of AMD specific things about the various
distros... Is 3DNOW still around? Huh.

I think the important specs would be the chipsets for both the onboard video
and the onboard audio.  That's where you'll be having possibility for
trouble.

I run Redhat 6.0 on my K6-2 450 at home.  I don't recommend being that out
of date, though. :) Go for 7.1

Kevin