Which flavor of Linux

Mike Rice dolo724 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 15 12:00:55 PDT 2001

no problems with the video, but then I only use command line, not X.
I do frequently switch to a new console (ALT+Fx) to work around a lack
of windows, but that's just something to get used to.

I use joe and vi a lot, also lynx for surfing.

PPP-dial-out isn't a problem, but I do have to remove my ethernet card
(pcmcia) before dialing, or it hangs. I have a research project on hold
for that problem right now, I think it's a configuration problem. I use
wvdial to connect, very nice.

PPP is fine over the ethernet, I connected thru a RedHatDialupDesktop
when I was still enamored of pre-packaging. Just have to get used to
Lynx and Monochrome Text. ...of course, no pictures...

and be sure to use floppy=thinkpad on first boot!

Mike

--- "Loraditch, Greg" <GLoraditch at ci.santa-rosa.ca.us> wrote:
> Mike -
>
> Any probs with video or PPP dial up on that Thinkpad?  I have a 760XL
> myself, but have yet to decide which distro to put on it....
>

> Greg L.

=====
___shaving weekly with Occam's Razor___
Visit the Northern California Church of Freethought
at http://www.geocities.com/nccof ...Think for Yourself!