IMAP questions

Dustin Mollo dustin at sonic.net
Thu Aug 23 14:46:18 PDT 2001

On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 02:29:27PM -0700, Sebastian Mindling wrote:
> Hi all, trolling for input from anyone with IMAP experience.

<SNIP>

> Any ideas/suggestions?

When I moved out mail server recently at my office, I decided to move away
from Sendmail and cucipop and UW-IMAP.  I ended up settling on Exim as the
MTA and used Courier-IMAP as my POP3/IMAP server.  Both have worked
wonderfully.  The one thing to note with Courier is that it requires you
move to maildir format boxes rather than mbox.  This was fine for me, as I
wanted to start keeping mail on NFS mounts and didn't want to think too hard
about file locking issues.

For web-based IMAP services, I chose SuirrelMail
(http://www.squirrelmail.org/).  It's simply an AWESOME web-based mail
client.  Very configurable, and offers a plug-in facility to which numerous
plug-ins are available.

In fact, I recently setup web-based mail services for NBLUG on our box.  At
some point in the not-too-distant future, I'd like to offer web-based email
to groups members, but don't hold your breath just yet for that as I've got
many other things on my plate at the moment.

-Dustin