StarOffice vs. OpenOffice

Mike Rice dolo724 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 28 10:27:57 PST 2001

I love SO!

I've used StarOffice exclusively for the past two years on Windows and
Linux. I've had only minor compatibility problems with MSWord docs, but
these are explained by the incorrect use of MSWord to create templates.

MSExcel is also fairly well replaced by SO, but stick with the 5.2
version until 6.0 is no longer beta. I'm waiting myself...

If you go with the 5.2 version, stay away from the email! it's weird.

Mike