DOA XWIN after installfest.

E Frank Ball frankb at efball.com
Sat Jan 6 10:52:07 PST 2001

} Anyone interested in helping me troubleshoot an install problem? I
} upgraded from 5.2 to 6.2 at last nblug installfest.  Unfortunately, we
} didn't fire up Xwin before I left (I've been using mostly my other Linux
} box in interim so I hadn't tried this machine in a while)
}
} Everything was OK under 5.2, but now the server error messages seem to
} indicate all settings for terminal specs are wrong and the mouse doesn't
} function.  I don't have the install disk for 6.2.
}
} Anybody want to discuss this?
}
} -Lorie

First look in /etc/X11
Did the upgrade move your XF86Config file aside and replace it with a
new one?  Look for XF86Config.rpmsave.  If so move it back and try
again.

   E Frank Ball                efball at efball.com