DOA XWIN after installfest.

Troy Engel tengel at sonic.net
Fri Jan 5 22:22:07 PST 2001

Lorie Obal wrote:

> Everything was OK under 5.2, but now the server error messages seem to
> indicate all settings for terminal specs are wrong and the mouse doesn't
> function.  I don't have the install disk for 6.2.

Sure - start at the beginning.  What's the brand/name/type of your video
card?  Once you have that, we make sure the proper XServer binary is
installed. (don't worry, you can FTP the file if you don't have it
installed).

Once the basic stuff is taken care of, the you can run Xconfigurator to
select the monitor and such, to populate the /etc/X11/Xconfig file.

-te

--
Troy Engel :: KeyID DF3D5207
Perl is just another tool in the Unix toolbox. Perl does one thing,