samba issues

Leif Ryge yuri329 at sonic.net
Tue Jul 17 19:43:24 PDT 2001

I wrote the list previously about samba...

I've got it setup and working now, but its having some weird quirks. From
time to time when I try to rename or move a file (working on the windows
client machine) I'll get an error:

   Cannot Move "Filename": Access is Denied.
   Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected
   and that the file is not currently in use.

I know that the file is not in use, I made sure the other client machines
wern't using it and that the disk is not full. If I hit "refresh" in
windows a couple times, and try to move or rename the same file again it
usually works. This happens quite a lot, and since it goes away just from
refreshing my window I don't see what mis-configuration could cause this.

Any ideas?

btw, the client machine is running win2k pro.