BIND worm (was: DHCP Servers)

Dustin Mollo dustin at sonic.net
Fri Mar 23 18:41:52 PST 2001

On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 06:33:48PM -0800, Brad Cox wrote:
> It seems to lack the ability to hand out static IP's, which for me is a
> requirement.

That was the exact same requirement I had that knocked it out of the running
for me too :)

I must admit - it's a pretty cool little thingy otherwise, though.  The
whole idea it can do what it needs to in such a small footprint is very
sexy.  Course, maybe I'm beginning to get use to bloat-ware (tm).  ;)

As for the wireless application - I totally forgot about situations like
that where you would end up providing services to a public arena.  The
disgruntled employee thing doesn't hold much weight in my mind though...I
can't really see any company being totally immune from internal damage..if it
were, I'd be hard pressed to believe that anyone could get any work done on
the network.  Still...I'd agree that it doesn't hurt to everything you can
to prevent what you can.

Now...you could claim that certain government organizations have highly
secure networks and are mostly immune from internal attacks, but I'd also
argue they don't actually get any work done ;^)

-Dustin