ifconfig and network starting

Jake Jake at callatg.com
Fri Nov 2 20:22:33 PST 2001

So I have my box with NAT bridging my 802.11 network to my switched lan.

Totaly insecure, all packets can be sniffed (I couldn't care less at the
moment.)

However I was trying to think of the best way to get these lines to be
passed to the shell:

ifconfig eth1 up 192.168.254.3 broadcast 192.168.254.255 netmask
255.255.255.0
ifconfig eth2 up 10.0.0.1 broadcast 10.0.0.255 netmask 255.255.255.0
iptables -t nat -P POSTROUTING DROP

Then when that is done I can use it as my NAT box and it should work for my
802.11 network and my other interface.
But I dont know the best place to put this on my redhat 7.2 box.

Any ideas?

I was thinking that it would be best to add it to the network script in
/etc/init.d/network but where in the script?

Currently my box hasnt gone down, so I havent needed to pass these options
to the kernel  again :)

Thanks,
Jake