Can't backspace in vi-it's even weirder than I thought

Mark Street jet at sonic.net
Sat Nov 3 09:48:14 PST 2001

Hehe, vi the breakfast of champions.  I'm not a vi guru but a d followed by
an arrow key should work in command mode.   d <- will delete the previous
char, d -> will delete the next char.

vim maps backspace and delete differently than vi.

man vi

In vimrc:
set bs=2

I sometimes forget my vi when on a remote machine.  gvim in X is nice too.