Dual DSL Linux help/Ideas

Jake Jake at callatg.com
Sun Oct 21 18:13:11 PDT 2001

Hello all,

I have a friend that is getting ATG dsl installed at his house and currently
has sonic dsl.

He is keeping them both and wants some ideas for doing a load balance
between the two of them.
I would also like to be open to have ports routed to the internal network
(that is the easy part :)

I suggested linux and he is interested.

He has 4 sonic ips and will have 6 (I think) ATG ips.

I was thinking of having three nics:

eth0 internal network link
eth1 ATG external link(all 6 ips on one card)
eth2 Sonic External link (all 4 ips on one card)

I know I can just set up NAT and if one dsl lines goes down, a script I can
#! out can switch the default route.

I have a few questions:

What would be a way to make a fail over or when the Sonic DSL starts to have
its full capacity in use all other connections will go with the ATG link?
What would I use to do the load balance?