USB and redhat 7.2 and eth0/1

Lincoln Peters lincoln_peters at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 28 13:08:42 PST 2001

You should be able to change eth0 to eth1 and eth1 to eth0 using Linuxconf.
Under "Config->Networking->Client tasks->Host Name and IP address", try to
find network adaptor entries for your two networking devices.  If they are
listed, transpose the device names.
WARNING: I can't verify that this works in practice because none of my
computers have more than one NIC, but if it doesn't work, it's easy to undo.
  Also, don't try this if either driver is compiled directly into the
kernel.

BEWARE THE WIRELESS NETWORK!  I have heard of many idiots who have set up
wireless network access points *behind* their firewalls, allowing anybody in
range to snoop around their network!  I've even heard reports of
"war-driving", when a malicious hacker with a laptop and a wireless NIC
(usually an 802.11b card) drives around neighborhoods, scanning for and
exploiting unprotected networks.

>From: "Jake" <Jake at callatg.com>
>To: "00 nblugTalk" <talk at nblug.org>
>Subject: USB and redhat 7.2 and eth0/1