As seen in Byte... R.I.P.

Mark Street jet at sonic.net
Wed Oct 31 08:10:18 PST 2001

StarOffice 6.0 Beta is somewhat less bloated and seems to be a bit more
stable, I have it installed on a few machines and it seems to work
well.  Gone is the "all in one" interface.  Opening and converting M$ Word
Docs and speadsheets works well with the latest filters.  I would agree
that OpenOffice is a crash waiting to happen.

KOffice is starting to mature with the latest releases of KDE.

For the groupware "Outlook" work/look alike Ximian Evolution is looking
quite promising.

Mark