Debian 3.0?

Eric Eisenhart eric at eisenhart.com
Mon Apr 8 11:21:30 PDT 2002

On Sun, Apr 07, 2002 at 12:38:45AM -0800, ME wrote:
> Has anyone migrated from a full 2.2 (stable) to a 3.0pre(testing)?
>
> (Not talking complete re-write, but a package based upgrade pointing your
> 2.2 apt source list to the testing and upgrade.)

Yeah, I've done this.

Did it fairly recently on a development server.  "apt-get update ; apt-get
upgrade ; apt-get dist-upgrade" is roughly what I did, except I also watched
what it wanted to update and did a few "apt-get install XXXX" things for the
stuff I wanted right away or for the things it really wanted to remove and I
really wanted to keep.

Left it with the old kernel until quite recently, though, since I didn't
have any reason to reboot.
--
    Eric Eisenhart   Freedom is slavery.      http://eric.eisenhart.com/
 ^  ICQ#: 48217244   Ignorance is strength.   eric-dot-sig at eisenhart.com
/e\ Perl&SQL Coder   War is peace.            IRC Nicks: Falsch Freiheit
---                        -- George Orwell