Crossover Office 1.2 - Add Quicken

Colin Marquardt colin at marquardt-home.de
Sun Aug 11 15:22:25 PDT 2002

troy <fryman at sonic.net> writes:

> That's very cool.  Knoppix looks like an interesting demo.  Is it something
> one could actually use to get work done?

I use it when I'm at my parents.

> I mean, does it mount your existing partitions?

Yes. r/o by default, but you can change that. Mounts even Samba
shares AFAIK, but I never tried that because of lack in Samba
shares. :)

> Where does it store user prefs?

You can save it to a floppy and have it loaded when booting.

> I guess the 2k/XP crowd is SOL with their ntfs's

Hmm, I'm not sure if it loads the NTFS module. It won't write NTFS
I'm sure.

> I'll be interested to hear if you get any converts coming back
> hungry for more...

Me too.

Don't forget that Knoppix is still essentially a one man project,
even though it has some contributors and sponsors.

Cheers,
  Colin

--
YYURYYUBICURYY4ME.