Davis events: C99, PlayStation 2 Linux Kit, Revolution OS, Don Marti (Linux Journal)

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Dec 4 16:37:45 PST 2002

Hi all!  I thought I'd plug the next few upcoming meetings of the
Linux Users' Group of Davis (LUGOD).

Last night Debian developer Sean 'Shaleh' Perry dropped by for an excellent
talk.  (It was video-taped, at least in part, so we'll have it available
for download some day. :^) )

At our next meeting, LUGOD member Micah Cowan will be discussing
the new standard for the C programming language, "C99":

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/

That will be on Monday, December 16th.

In January, Adam Bertsch of Sony Computer Entertainment, America, will be
coming to talk about and demonstrate Sony's "Linux for PlayStation 2" kit.
This should definitely be a cool demo!

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/upcoming/#2003.01.07

That'll be at our Tuesday, January 7th meeting.

Also in January, on Monday the 20th (Martin Luther King Jr. Day),
LUGOD will be celebrating our 4th anniversary with free food and cake,
and a screening of the independent film "REVOLUTION O.S."

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/upcoming/#2003.01.20

And at our first meeting in February, Don Marti, editor in chief of
'Linux Journal' magazine, will be coming to speak:

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/upcoming/#2003.02.04

That'll be on Tuesday, February 4th.

LUGOD meets in Davis, California.  It's just west of Sacramento.
About 1.0 to 2.0 hours east of most parts of the Bay Area.

Directions, maps, carpool info. and more can be found here:

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/library/

-bill!
pr at lugod.org
http://www.lugod.org/