WAP ... which one?

Murry Shohat murry at sonic.net
Sun Dec 8 08:16:23 PST 2002

Most channels on the phone interfere. Solution is to simply avoid using
the phone when the notebook is in use. Recently, I saw an ad for a 5GHz
phone but it's pricey like 802.11a.

Murry
=============
Andrew wrote:

>On Fri, 06 Dec 2002 15:09:42 -0800
>murry <murry at sonic.net> wrote:
>

>>Also, whenever we use our 2.5GHz Panasonic phone, the link
>>quits and pops up a "network cable unplugged" message. Oddly
>>enough, my much more powerful 2.5GHz DVD sender doesn't affect
>>it.
>>

>Murry,
>
>Does your phone have a "Channel" button? I've heard that
>sometimes changing the channel that the phone uses can help
>alleviate the interference.
>
>A.
>
>.

Murry Shohat    Executive Director
Embedded Linux Consortium
3760 Cross Creek Road, Santa Rosa, CA 95403
http://www.embedded-linux.org
e-mail:  murry at sonic.net
Voice: 707.576.0111       FAX: 707.576.1944