TP600 Mwave Winmodem (was: NBLUG mailing list setup)

Shorter Rankin nitehawk999 at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 9 20:29:27 PST 2002

On Mon, 9 Dec 2002 15:18:32 -0800, troy wrote:

[snipped for relevance]

>So feel comfortable in asking your tp600 question.  Include the relevant
>parts of the error message, and the steps taken to provoke the error.

Thanks. Think I've got it fixed. The file is 'mwavem-1.0.4.tar.gz'
from IBM - written specifically for the 33.6 internal Winmodem
which ships with the TP600. This time I copied it to
/usr/src then ungzipped it, ran configure, make, and make
install. Got lots of warnings but no errors.

>In regards to splitting up the list, i'm with Eric.  Until we start
>seeing tons of traffic, one talk list should be fine.
>
>-ta

That seems to be the consensus.
OK so you want another rookie question?
I went to www.kernel.org and got
linux-2.4.20.tar.gz (new kernel
sources). Copied the tarball to
/usr/src ran gzip -cd linux-2.4.20.tar.gz | tar xvf -
So far so good. Now if I run configure am I
just installing the new kernel or am I
recompiling the whole system?

The existing kernel is 2.4.18-14
RH 8 demo. Do I need to