DSL and Linux questions...

Sebastian Mindling list at mindling.com
Fri Feb 1 16:14:30 PST 2002

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002 15:10:56 -0800 augie <schwer at sonic.net> spoke gently:
> currently sonic has a deal running:
>
> http://www.sonic.net/pd21/

I just signed up. I'll keep ya'll posted on my progress, I'm sure I'll
have a couple of questions when I get to the firewall/NAT end of things. I
just moved in January, and apparently my new house, smack dab in the
middle of Rodent Park, has to share a multiplexed line with my neighbors,
which means modem speeds of 26.4 (if I'm lucky). So DSL here I come...

The ironic part is that in order to hook up DSL, pacbell has to take my
line off the multiplex panel, thereby alleviating the problem that
caused me to go to DSL in the first place. Grrrr, I hate them.