Sonic DSL and LinkSys routers (was Re: DSL and Linux questions...)

Lincoln Peters lincoln_peters at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 1 18:58:59 PST 2002

Don't expect anything wireless to work quite right.  The WEP encryption in
the 802.11b wireless protocol was found to be broken a while ago, so many
companies, rather than wait for a new standard (which I think came out a few
weeks ago), created their own proprietary patches.  When companies make
proprietary adjustments like that, compatibility between manufacturers seems
to always goes to hell.

I have a wired 100BaseTX Ethernet in my house, and I don't think that I'll
convert to wireless any time soon.