nVidia cards

Andrew argonaut at softhome.net
Sun Feb 17 21:29:46 PST 2002

Recently, I've noticed a number of people asking questions about
video cards (here on the list and elsewhere). Many of the
questions pertain, either directly or indirectly, to nVidia
GeForce cards, so I thought I'd throw these out to the group:

  http://www.linuxworld.com/site-stories/2001/1217.geforce.html
  http://www.linuxworld.com/site-stories/2001/1224.geforce2.html
An article and its follow-up about setting up a GeForce3 card.
Probably useful for other nVidia cards, as well.

  http://www.xfree86.org/current/Status.html
Go here to see if your card is supported by a stock XFree86
server. This list is for both version 3.3.6 and the newest
version, 4.2.0, of XFree86.

A.