VNC

Mitch Patenaude mrp at sonic.net
Mon Jan 28 16:19:23 PST 2002

On Monday, January 28, 2002, at 02:28 , Warren Raquel wrote:

> Yes. I said that I set it to 24.
> vncserver -depth 24

Okay... how about on the client side.... When you start the windoze
vncviewer, click on the options buttion, and make sure the option
"Restrict pixels to 8-bit" isn't checked.

I also vaguely remember that some program  (maybe vncserver) although
the option was documented as '-depth', was actually '-bpp'.. but that
could have been some Solaris app...   Since I only use VNC for remote
administration of windows boxen, I always keep the servers set at
8--bit, so I can't test it here.

   -- Mitch