apt.sources ref for nblug mirror

Eric Eisenhart eric at eisenhart.com
Tue Jul 23 15:27:35 PDT 2002

On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 02:49:26PM -0700, Mark Street wrote:
> Excuse my ignorance.  What specific dir on the nblug mirror do I point my
> apt-get sources file at.  I have tried pointing to
> mirror.nblug.org/pub/mirror/debian/ and others with only errors from
> apt-get.  Do I have to point to a specific section?
>
> I am building a debian box up from a base install for practice and I hate
> hitting on their ftp site if I don't have to.

Basically exactly like the deb lines put in there for you, except with the
server changed.

deb http://mirror.nblug.org/debian/ stable main non-free contrib
or
deb ftp://mirror.nblug.org/debian/ stable main non-free contrib
or
deb http://mirror.nblug.org/debian/ woody main non-free contrib
or
deb http://mirror.nblug.org/debian/ stable main

It's "deb" or "deb-src" (or rpm or rpm-src for apt-rpm setups), then the
"base" URL, then which distribution (we have Debian3.0r0, woody and stable
-- all aliases for the same thing at the moment;
http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ has  Debian2.2r7, Debian3.0r0,
old-proposed-updates, oldstable, potato-proposed-updates, potato,
proposed-updates, sarge-proposed-updates, sarge, sid, stable,
testing-proposed-updates, testing, unstable, woody-proposed-updates, and
woody)

NBLUG is an incomplete mirror, I just have the stuff people are most likely
to hit.  You know, architecture independent and x86, the "popular" release.
I'm getting really tempted to add powerpc in there, though; and ISOs.

You'd do alright with just this in /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://mirror.nblug.org/debian/ stable main non-free contrib
deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ stable main  non-free contrib
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main non-free contrib
deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main non-free contrib
deb http://security.debian.org stable/updates main contrib non-free
Eric Eisenhart                                  eric-dot-sig at eisenhart.com
Perl, SQL, Linux and Web            ^           IRC: Freiheit at openprojects
Coder, Sysadmin and geek           /e\                AIM: falsch freiheit
http://eric.eisenhart.com/         ---                       ICQ: 48217244