802.11 kernel errors

error error at sonic.net
Tue Jun 11 02:09:01 PDT 2002

<snip alot of very helpful information>

> -ME

I found out the problem was a forsaken 2.4ghz panasonic cordless phone.

I was able to run two terminals to test this theory.

In one I was pinging my wireless gateway and the other I was tail -f
/var/log/messages

When the phone was on the messages file logged that stuff (it was
jammed), when it was off the pings were successful.

It was pretty funny to watch this.

I get DOSed by my cordless phone.

ARGH!

So I basically have an 802.11b jammer for my home telephone.
It even has a pretty long range.
You do not need the base station for the phone for this to even work.
So watch out for those crackers with panasonic phones!

-
Jake