(Re-)learning NFS

Mark Street jet at sonic.net
Fri Mar 8 09:31:01 PST 2002

Can we get a peek at /etc/exports on the server side?  Are there any
symlinks on the server side that is being shared?  symlinks are not supported.

Run showmount -e on the server and tell us what it says.  If it gives you
an error give shutdown give mountd a HUP and see if you can mount from the
client manually.

Check your log files for clues as to why this is happening on both the
server and the client.

Mark