Port Redirection

E Frank Ball frankb at efball.com
Thu Mar 21 14:55:04 PST 2002

On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 02:52:12PM -0800, Warren Raquel wrote:
} Ok, I'm just playing around with this a little.  I need to figure out
} how to get (for example) port 80 to redirect to port 8000 on the SAME
} computer using iptables.  I tried a google search but my head is
} exploding and all I can find are examples for forwarding to machines
} inside your lan.  The direction is from the world to the my computer.
} It's not a router, it's stand-alone.  Any tips?

Can't you just start your webserver on port 8000 and not have to deal
with redirecting?

   E Frank Ball                frankb at efball.com