Here's a new one.. (telnet to SMTP port)

Jeffrey Miller jmiller at batnet.com
Mon May 6 15:44:24 PDT 2002

Hmmm.  Maybe for some reason pacserv3 is passing the telnet initialization
dialogue up through the protocol stack by mistake? I believe telnet starts
out assuming it's talking to a telnet server port, then drops back to a TCP
socket if negotiation fails; this ordinarily doesn't make it up to the
application level for non-telnet servers.

Jeff Miller
http://www.batnet.com/jmiller/jsm-2002.htm