adding slowness and obfuscation

troy fryman at sonic.net
Tue May 7 16:38:56 PDT 2002

I don't think top alone is gonna get you much. The system will stay pretty
responsive unless it gets IO bound or is forced to switch modes frequently
(like the scsi emulation seems to do to my atapi cd-rom when ripping cd's).
First, i was thinking a kernel module.  Linux Journal had an article awhile
back on loadable k. modules which provided a nice skeleton which could be
easily modified for your worthy task.  But i wouldn't want to f. with the
kernel just for a joke.  I did see this on freshmeat:
http://www.communityprojects.org/apps/sloth/

No experience with this whatsoever, but applying it to X might to the trick.
Let us know how it goes :)

-ta (misses having a roommate to mess with)