MS goes after schools

Lincoln Peters lincoln_peters at hotmail.com
Sat May 11 22:13:44 PDT 2002

On Wednesay, I gave a copy of that to one of the assistant principles at
Rancho Cotate.  They now know that Microsoft's press release concerning
donation is a pack of lies, although I can't be 100% sure if they'll believe
me over Microsoft.

Speaking of donated computers and such, I finally found out on Wednesday
that the computers that were piled in the Phoenix building are going to the
middle schools (Creekside and Mountain Shadows).  I don't know what will
become of them of them after that, although at the end of the day I saw our
technician piling them into the back of a pickup truck.

Anyone here go to either of those middle schools or have a son or daughter
that goes to either of those middle schools?  I don't know what's going to
happen to those computers, but I want to be able to help ensure that they
don't screw up.  I recently estimated the cost of their Windows NT domain at
$200,000,000; enough to run an elementary school for a year!  And if they'd
asked about Linux before signing the contract, they could have reduced that
cost to $0!