Introduction / Offer for help

ME dugan at passwall.com
Thu May 23 19:29:30 PDT 2002

On Thu, 23 May 2002, augie wrote:
> these notices will go un-noticed for the next three months, it is summer.

Actually, the university can be busy over the summer. They kick the
students out of the dorms and hold special seminars. Some of them in past
have targeted management-style people, technology, and have even included
a kind of "teens camp" on campus for High School aged people. (Both groups
that would be good for introduction of Linux.)

There are also summer classes and courses that are information biased (not
so much for majors or degrees - just information.)

Contrary to popular belief, the university is far from closed over the
summer.

If they were to do that, they would lose the money they could stand to
make when they hosted events like those above.

:-)

Of course, the parking lots seldom get to 100% capacity as the beginning
of the semester, but there are some days where finding a spot is
difficult.

-ME