makeing a debian package for a cluster setup

error error at sonic.net
Tue Nov 26 17:29:18 PST 2002

So I am interested in making a debian package.

The basic goal of this package is to install a ton of other packages as
dependents of the package.

So my goal is to be able to do:

apt-get install accrc-cluster

Then have it ask if I want to install a bunch of other dependencys.

I also want it to have a bunch of config files copied to various places
given certian parameters are correct.

I guess I am really looking for a good way (as in HOW-TO) to build .deb
files.

I am being funded (ha! funding is such a nice way of putting it....)for
this project by the ACCRC (http://www.accrc.org) and when it is done I
will be giving tours, writing some great stuff about the entire ordeal
and it will be free of charge. ( of course )

Thanks
--
error <error at sonic.net>