Missing crontab

Robert Hayes rhayes at silcom.com
Wed Nov 27 23:14:20 PST 2002

OK,

I don't get it here. My cron file is percolating along just fine just as it
always has. I know because I moved the machine into my bedroom from my office
(don't ask) and it wakes me up every morning at 5:15 thrashing and gnashing
away as it downloads my mail. I KNOW the cron file is working.

But I can't find it.

I wanted to add something to it, I'm logged in as myself, I enter
crontab -e
and get back: file not found, opening blank file.

Same result when I use the -u username switch.

When I log in as root the root crontab comes right up.

What is happening here? Any ideas?
Is this a conspiracy? Did I forget to pay some upgrade fee to the cron faerie?

I'm cronfused.

RH