Speakers...

Eric Eisenhart eric at eisenhart.com
Tue Oct 8 15:40:37 PDT 2002

On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 03:30:36PM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 03:25:35PM -0700, Eric Eisenhart wrote:
> > BTW everybody: we are actively trying to find people to talk in December,
> > January, February and beyond...
> <snip>
>
> If anyone's actually _interested_, I'd be happy to demonstrate my latest
> and greatest Open Source project, "Tux Paint."  It's a drawing program
> for little kids.  (Think "edu-tainment," I guess...)

Excellent.

Would you prefer December 10th or January 14th?  Or maybe February 11th?

(okay, okay...  I suppose we could see if anybody's interested before I
schedule you...)

> It'd being developed on Linux, but runs on Un*xes and Windows
> (and hopefully one day soon MacOS and/or MacOSX).

I believe if you target MacOS/X as the platform and use the, err, "Carbon"
library, it'll automatically run on MacOS classic, too.  Except, of course,
that it's easier to port things to MacOSX if you just use X instead of doing
their whole Aqua thing.
Eric Eisenhart                                  eric-dot-sig at eisenhart.com
Perl, SQL, Linux and Web            ^           IRC: Freiheit at openprojects
Coder, Sysadmin and geek           /e\                AIM: falsch freiheit
http://eric.eisenhart.com/         ---                       ICQ: 48217244